Solo Artist Greg Demeter, AKA “STELLAR CHILD” of The Axis Gold N Rose Project, brings to the World a new listening flavor never before heard on this planet! Deep, insightful, and spiritually influenced lyrics, with his own style of what he calls “WHITE SOUL MUSIC”.
Inspired by his years of musical history and diverse vocabulary, covering many musical elements from Pop, Psychedelic Pop, Heavy Blues, Jazz Rock Fusion, Reggae, Funk/Dance Rock, Latin, Soul, World, Hip Hop, Rap, and Adult Contemporary styles – and yet this is not a diluted Artist, but one who knows what the PEOPLE LOVE and can relate to.
This Artist ‘paid his dues’ going back to the 70’s, where he began playing guitar for cover and top 40 dance bands. He even has rare, super 8mm movies (rare footage) of his musical endeavors from then till now. He has written several personal books on his musical journey and has written nearly 700 original songs with lyrics. What you are about to hear are just a few tracks from his promo and demo singles and it’s just a small taste of what is yet to come!
KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR THIS GROWING ARTIST, HE IS OUT TO INSPIRE THE WORLD AND BEYOND! Hence the name, “STELLAR CHILD”!
Thank you for lending me your hearts and ears. From an old Soul to you – with a modern twist – this is music FOR THE WORLD!
Peace, Love and Happiness to All!
Why this name?
I was inspired by a letter that Jimi Hendrix wrote the year before he died. At the time, Jimi was going through some hard times with the music industry elites who were trying to force him to stay with the old gimmicks when he wanted to explore his own way of expressing his music. The line he wrote that inspired me was: “Please Gold & Rose, Please help me!” Since the age of around 11 or 12, I’ve had vivid dreams of playing guitar and talking with Jimi Hendrix. And when you hear my music, the inspiration is obvious.
Do you play live?
Right now I am working in the Studio to produce music to tour with, although my experience playing live concerts taught me to be comfortable in any musical situation.
How, do you think, does the internet (or MP3) change the music industry?
Today, the internet is a great promotional tool that lets people quickly connect with new artists and sample a wide variety of music. But what I think what a lot of people want is a new music movement; one that breaks the mold of traditional musical boundaries with something completely fresh and new.
Would you sign a record contract with a major label?
If, and only if, the label has a clear picture of what I am trying to bring about through my music and message; and my message is like carrying the torch of what Jimi Hendrix wanted to relate to his fans; and that is: “Let the soul rule and do not be distracted by the ways of others or the World”. All our answers are within us if we can tap into and use our Soul Telepathy, that is (more on this subject later).
You can go to, myspace.com/axisgoldenroseproject to check out some of the band history – more coming soon!
I’ve had the pleasure of being on this great planet at a time when some of the greatest Music Artists of our time have blessed us; and I waste no time telling you that I was and still am a great fan of: Cameo, Parlament, Funkadelics, of course Jimi Hendrix, as well as some of the greatest living guitarists of today such as: Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, Steve Vai, Robin Trower, B.B. King, Steve Morse, Eric Clapton (w/Cream), Jeff Beck, Gary Moore, Phil Keaggey and Eddie Van Halen.
I never get out much, but I would really love to play at the Hard Rock Cafe’s all over the world – just to start!
What equipment do you use?
Currently, I use:
- ‘Stella’ 2007 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster in Sienna Sunburst
- Taylor 214CE <- NEW for 2017!
- Epiphone Les Paul <- NEW for 2018!
- Epiphone SG G-310 <- NEW for 2019!
- 2006 Kramer 211S HSS Strat copy
- 2018 Fender Contemporary Active Jazz Bass <- NEW for 2019!
- Blond Fender Telecaster
- Laguna LG4CE acoustic
- Martin acoustic (Thanks Joe!)
- Fractal Audio AXE-FX Ultra
- Vox Tonelab LE
- Fender Super Champ XD w/tube upgrades
- Fender Cyber Deluxe
- Vox Valvetronix VT120 amp
- Focusrite Liquid 56 recording interface
- RME Fireface UFX <–NEW for 2020!
- Fredenstein Bento 8 Pro 500 series enclosure
- Golden Age Project 573 Premier preamp
- DBX 560A compressor with Burr-Brown Mod
- FMR Audio RNC1773 ‘Really Nice’ compressor
- Behringer UMC-404HD USB interface <–NEW for 2018!
- Apogee Rosetta AD 96K/24 A/D converter
- RME ADI-2 Pro FS <- New for 2019!
- Korg MR-2000S 1bit DSD recorder (A/D conversion, DSD mastering)
- Revox A77 MkIII reel-to-reel with Dolby, 15ips (good for warming up a signal)
- Mogami, GLS Audio, Monster and Wireworld cables
- Various microphones from Neumann, Slate Digital, Warm Audio, Shure, Audio-Technica, Marshall, EV, Nady, etc.
- Sennheiser HD650, Focal Elex, HiFiman Arya, Stax L700 and Neumann NDH 20 headphones for monitoring and mixing
- Mackie monitors, Paradigm Studio series speakers, Parasound amps
- IK Multimedia iLoud studio monitors <– NEW for 2019!
- Neumann KH 80 DSP studio monitors <–NEW for 2019!
- Presonus Temblor T8 Subwoofer
- Reaper v6.1x, Cubase 10.5 Pro, Studio One 5, Pro-Tools 12 and various plugins
My vast and sometimes crazy imagination!